Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What does music do for you?

When I think of music, tons of things go through my mind. What am I in the mood for? What kind of mood do I want to be in? Do I feel like dancing or crying?

Then the choice is do I just put the computer on shuffle? Do I go for James Taylor or Metallica? Maybe Nirvana or Natalie Merchant? What about Blues Traveler? Hmmmmm.....AC/DC? Pink Floyd? Pearl Jam? Classic Stones or Aerosmith?

7-day Free trial of Napster

Music has many different meanings for many different people. It can lift us up, bring us down, make us laugh or make us cry. One thing is true, everyone has a place for music in their hearts. Music is truly a universal language!
MUSIC BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER!

7-day Free trial of Napster


If you have a computer, mp3 player, or an ipod you can choose from over 6 million songs to download!
And, if you're like me you can never have enough music-all different kinds.
So whether it's an Elvis mood or Devo, it's available. Click any of the links and try it out-Let's get together for some music!
7-day Free trial of Napster

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... music definitely affects us! I can enjoy Jewel one day and System of a Down the next. However I have to say that Bjork is my favourite artist and has been for about 20 years.

Happy Listening

Julieanne

mr maroon said...

Although I wouldn't say that music is the be all and end all, it's a massive aspect of most people's lives. And it's a moot point that music can alter your mood with a double clck! If I wanna feel reflective, stick on some modest mouse. If I'm up for dancing, some crystal castles. But that's just my taste. It's all very subjective. I'm lucky enough not to have had to deal with any major problems in my life thus far, but that's not to say I won't in the future, and I'm sure that music will help me through.

Todd said...

You might enjoy my first blog post. It's at the bottom of my page:

http://todd-truthblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Insightful. I think that music, like laughter, is something that unites humanity.

-Zoe-

Anonymous said...

Totally agree about music being a universal language. Reminds me of this Sigur Ros video. Not just the quotes about music at the beginning, but the whole video is absolutely beautiful and really powerful. Its clever how Sigur Ros don't use real words in their songs too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5Grncdjlc&feature=related

May have to review it on my blog soon, it's incredible!

Vicki